If truth be told there are a number of these consumer representative organisations out there – all undertaking extremely worthy work and research in order to keep the energy firms on their toes and save us a bit of cash on our cheaper gas and electrcity bills. However, by far the most comprehensive and sensible of these websites that we have seen is that of the Energy Retail Association (ERA).
Their website contains a wealth of information covering the entire gamut of the energy retail experience. Amongst the topics covered are:
- Energy supply complaints – how to deal with them
- Helping customers with energy efficiency – what does all the jargon mean? (Atlantic have a cheaper gas and electricity page on this)
- Services for vulnerable customers – don’t worry help is at hand, you just need to know where to look!
- New code of practice for customer billing
- Preventing disconnection
- Switching Supplier – the quickets and easiest methods
- New technology – Smart meters
- Independent code for doorstep sales practice
All of the information is presented in a very easy to read manner – we were impressed. ERA also undertake research into all aspects of the UK energy insustry. Their recent findings include that 32% of UK households are not even aware of the existence of the smart metering programme.
Powered by Facebook Comments